View Single Post
Old 19-12-2018, 10:47 PM
Knower
Smile

On the subject matter : "time in the afterlife"

For as far as this thread has gone making reference to chronological time, I'm a bit surprised that no one has referenced "kairos". So I guess that I will make this contribution :

Wikipedia defines kairos as an ancient Greek word meaning the right or opportune moment (the supreme moment).

In biblical references, kairos is also referred to as "God's time".
(In the New Testament kairos means "the appointed time in the purpose of God", the time when God acts ~ e.g. Mark 1.15, the kairos is fulfilled).

While chronological time; i.e.: "sequential" time has to be interpreted in a "quantitative" way, kairos actually is more accurately referenced as "qualitative".

Now, when the reader realizes that our normal standard of time has to do with : "having enough of it", "how much of it does it take", "where it starts from" , or, where "it ends" (for any given event that we associate it to), by comparison, kairotic "time" has more to do with intensities of sensation.

In contemplating this, the reader may begin to comprehend how kairos relates to those who dwell in the "subtle dimensions" of reality. They haven't a need for linearity when existing within an "eternal now" (even as we do, but we can't grasp all of the abstractions of the concept) - their existence has more to do with intensities and how well they can "project" to us during "spirit to flesh" communications & visa-versa).

I have formulated a hypothesis on how all of us (including incarnate & disincarnate alike), are interconnected within the infinite realm that encompasses all of reality (both subtle & conspicuous) - it has practically been a life time work for me - and have included considerations for how we relate to chronos or kairos in any given expression. The reader might be amused, intrigued , or even appalled at how I address the topic - but I do invite you all to see my short essay on the matter of kairos and chronos at this link :

https://heaventology.weebly.com/part...s--kronos.html

Just read it with the understanding that it is a concept - like virtually every other human being must work with in our symbol oriented existence. It might enlighten you.

... or, it might just be a waste of "time". You decide.