View Single Post
Old 24-12-2016, 01:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by A human Being
Well, I admire your ability to be philosophical about what must've been a maddening episode, I think I'd have been marinating in murderous rage for the rest of the day

'Tis an interesting time of year to be contemplating the whole notion of non-attachment, that's for sure. Maybe it's my age (or perhaps I'm just so darned spiritually advanced ), but I struggle to think of anything I really want for Christmas these days; if anyone asks, I usually plump for DVDs or books. This year I decided I'd quite like 'Be Here Now' by Ram Dass, and wouldn't you know it, it ain't going to be here, now (well, tomorrow), it's coming from America so it'll be here in the middle of January

I'm sure there's a lesson in that, too, but for the time being I think I'll just purse my lips and sulk like a child
Thank you for that and as far as Ram Dass is concerned, I much preferred Grist For The Mill, but Be Here Now does not disappoint.

I folllowed him from the time he was Richard Alpert, doing research at Harvard into psychedelics, with his 'partner in crime', Timothy Leary...but that is a tale for another day.