View Single Post
Old 23-03-2017, 07:25 PM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
Just bear in mind that it is ALWAYS difficult to walk away from a relationship, because there is always something good that you do not want to miss. I even had that with my narcissistic ex, a relationship with lots and lots of abuse. Every version of abuse you can possibly think of. And still I found it difficult to let go of the good things that were there also...
So bear that in mind. Walking away from someone isn't something you do with pleasure, but because the relationship didn't work out. Meaning you also have to let go of the good things that were left, however few they may be, AND all the hopes and dreams you had when you entered in this relationship...

And I don't know you, maybe you indeed do have a fear of being taken for granted (this guy does it for sure from what I gather, so he doesn't help and gives you good reason to feel take for granted at that!), but not having your needs met because a partner isn't the right match is something different.
The first is an issue you may need to work on if it affects you too much, the latter is a matter of hooking up with the wrong person. The wrong person could of course enhance your fear, the right person won't. Or not nearly as much, and will help you heal and learn to trust.

And yes, it is wonderful to be with a masculine energy man :) But a guy like yours who has so many issues may not ever get there. I don't think you should count on it, as that's waiting for him to change. You cannot change someone, ever, and if he doesn't feel the need for it, he won't.
You can only express very clearly to him what it is you do need, so not just what you don't want, but also what you do want. If then he still doesn't make you happy, well... then you can either continue to grow increasingly unhappy or end things, work through it and set yourself up for a great match.
Relationships like this can help tremendously to get clear for yourself what it is you do want and what not. To get clear what you want in and out of a relationship. There's always a good thing, a lesson, you can learn :)

Good luck, whatever you do.

You have a great insight into this! Thank you for your advice!!