View Single Post
Old 14-11-2019, 10:16 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evianna
I have been struggling with gluten sensitivity for a while now and my stomach is bloated and I'm feeling very uncomfortable. What can I do to start feeling better and get rid of the bloat?
As No One stated, digesting gluten requires a specific enzyme you may be deficient in. I take digestive enzymes which do help a bit, but I often forget to take them before consuming gluten or lactose, then I am in a world of pain which can last a few days to a week...it is very uncomfortable and I cannot do anything.

The solution, of course, is to go gluten free... totally!

You are possibly (not definitely) suffering from a leaky gut or an overgrowth of Helicobacter Pylori or maybe some gastroparesis...but get it checked out by a medical practitioner... definitely...go and see a doctor and don't just take my word for it.

Sometimes we need to make sacrifices in our diet for optimum health and we find we develop certain food sensitivities that we were never sensitive to before and this can be very annoying.

For the bloat, drink water and keep well hydrated. Peppermint Tea is a good stand by, so is dill weed, fennel, gentian, ginger, charcoal and simethicone.

Massaging a swollen, painful gut with Vicks, using a hot water bottle can also assist with gripe pain and so can frequent hot baths with peppermint oil.

Bending and stretching can also help expel the trapped gas and so can certain yoga postures like Pawan Muktasana...also known as the "fart releasing pose"...yep, that's what it actually translates as. LOL

All the best.