View Single Post
Old 22-08-2023, 04:41 PM
Master

I was thinking the other day about how religions have these simple numbers of things, like the eightfold path (8), the ten commandments (10), God as Trinity (3), Dharma consists of three aspects (3).

I was thinking it would be funny if religions had huge numbers instead, like the 1,103 fold path, the 9,378 commandments, God as 47,332 parts, Dharma consisting as 237 aspects.

I was thinking humans like simplicity and easy to understand stuff so tend to always break things down to simple numbers. I don't think reality is actually that simple. But I think human beings accept things in simple numbers. Like there are these 3 things, these 12 things instead of there are these 457,387 things. They say there are seven (7) Chakra's. What if there are 2,394 Chakra's! People would not be as interested I don't think.

"to put what we understand, wisdom from outside, into practice"

Something like that I think too is a simplification. One can understand understanding, wisdom from "outside" is always deciphered by whatever is inside so are we seeing what is outside or inside?, practice assumes one type of practitioner and the natures and structures of the one who practices can be completely different.

In some ways, "practice" can just be the sum result of all existing realities in the present moment that converge in a moment of time to produce an experience and perhaps a corresponding internal word based commentary on it.