View Single Post
Old 02-04-2019, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
I have been reading both Blavatsky and Bailey since the late 1970s, and I was a member of both the Theosophical Society and Lucis Trust in London in the 1980s. For me, the two strands of the teaching complement each other, but AAB's writings (being slightly more recent) are more accessible and relevant. My own impression of the TS is that it had somewhat lost its way in the early 20th century, although I do not question the sincerity of the modern TS.

There is a natural tendency to question the claims of anyone who says that they are in direct contact with the Masters. Certainly all the writings I have read from the past 50 years which are supposed to be from the Masters M, KH or DK are unfortunately rather banal and unconvincing. But The Secret Doctrine is surely not the last word from the Masters. The Bailey books have a depth and consistency which is sadly lacking elsewhere. And at some point we might expect further teachings, but who knows whence such teachings might originate. I am open to the possibility although it may not be during my lifetime.

Peace.
What are the letters bolded, please?

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru