View Single Post
Old 02-11-2010, 09:11 PM
Master
Thank you LadyImprezza for your thoughts.

Lady wrote: ''At the dawn of creation, we started out as one ray of energy. However that ray was split into both feminine and masculine aspects. These aspects are twin souls (AKA twin rays or twin flames.) Each aspect incarnated over and over again over the span of multiple lifetimes to gain human experience. Often times when they meet, it is often traumatic and/or short-lived but they say that they reunite on their last lifetime on this earth, so that they can ascend when that lifetime is over. This isn't like conventional relationships where you get together and play house and everything is all wine and roses. They are brought together for the good of humanity and they have a purpose-whether it is together or apart.''

The dawn of creation? What was there before?
Two aspects that are 'one', yet have traumatic experiences. That sounds cruel to me, just like the idea of the split. Why was this ''ray of energy'' split in two aspects? (what's your source for this information?)

Lady wrote: ''Yes. I believe they are one soul cut in half. That is why you hear people say "They are the guy/girl version of me, there are tons of similarities and their lives have many parallels.''

''That is why..'' Perhaps there could be another explanation. There will always be people around that look like us physically, emotionally and mentally. Since the twin flame concept is not widely accepted and only few believe in it, these experiences of meeting that 'special one' could be coincidental.

Lady wrote: ''Those who have found their twin flame have one thing in common--they are all "old souls."''

What's an ''old soul''?

Lady wrote: ''I think this is more a matter of opinion. Its not a cultural thing because twin soul love disregards racial/cultural barriers.''

Sounds like a western and social Christian idea, where all humans are one and race is unimportant. It does relate to culture. And still it's mostly western women who believe in it. Why isn't there evidence of rainforest shaman, Inuit, or Taoists believing in it? We can find out about their beliefs, but so far I haven't found anything about twin flames.

Cheers.