View Single Post
Old 02-11-2010, 08:55 PM
LadyImpreza1111

What are twin flames exactly?
At the dawn of creation, we started out as one ray of energy. However that ray was split into both feminine and masculine aspects. These aspects are twin souls (AKA twin rays or twin flames.) Each aspect incarnated over and over again over the span of multiple lifetimes to gain human experience. Often times when they meet, it is often traumatic and/or short-lived but they say that they reunite on their last lifetime on this earth, so that they can ascend when that lifetime is over. This isn't like conventional relationships where you get together and play house and everything is all wine and roses. They are brought together for the good of humanity and they have a purpose-whether it is together or apart.

Do you believe they are two souls that have a special strong bond (continuing from a past life)? This is quite similar to the idea of soul mates, people you have bonded with strongly and you meet them again..

Yup. It is an extremely intense connection--more intense than that of soulmates but like soulmates, you have some past-life history.

Do you believe twin flames were one soul that was cut in half, and now they have accepted the ''Search for my twin and unite again'' quest? Do you believe this to be the main goal of life?

Yes. I believe they are one soul cut in half. That is why you hear people say "They are the guy/girl version of me, there are tons of similarities and their lives have many parallels. However, I believe your task in this lifetime (if you are meant to unite with your twin) is to become whole within yourself, healed and focus on your own growth both PRIOR and upon meeting twin. If you seek out your twin expecting them to complete you, that goes against the purpose of the bond, its the ego and the ego will derail the relationship before it can ever get off the ground. No one searches for their twin. If the twin is meant to come into your life, they will when they are destined to and not a moment before.

Or do you believe (like me) that twin flames are just romantic feelings mixed with western spirituality? I mean, it's mostly western women who talk about twin flames.
Not even. The love you feel for your twin was predestined and only upon connected with them is it brought to the surface. The person is not someone you "choose." Rather, the connection chooses YOU--that is, if you are spiritually evolved enough. Those who have found their twin flame have one thing in common--they are all "old souls." And that means that they are more spiritually evolved thus they have the capacity for unconditional love and that is necessary in a twin flame relationship. Its not just "western women" that talk about this. There are men on this forum too.

Old mythology mixed with romantic feelings = new mythology?
How come it's (mostly) western spiritual women who believe in twin flames..? It looks to be more a cultural then a universal idea.

I think this is more a matter of opinion. Its not a cultural thing because twin soul love disregards racial/cultural barriers.

I believe the human mind is extremely powerful, and if we want to believe our loved one is our twin flame, then we can strongly believe it, to the point where we accept it as an unquestionable reality.

Also a matter of opinion. Once you've met a soulmate and then a twin flame, there is a HUGE difference and if someone wanted to believe just anyone was a twin flame, then those who find themselves in the midst of a soul connection with one would be able to move on and get over theirs. Its not that easy. Its permanent and even if you go a lifetime without ever seeing yours again after getting in touch with them, most can't get over theirs. And unless you have met your twin flame, you can't even FATHOM the depths of the emotions that arise upon meeting them. Anytime you have ever thought you might have "loved" someone prior to meeting yours doesn't even scratch the surface for what you feel for a twin soul. It is POWERFUL.

Of course.. I could be wrong. I have no idea. But if we are eternal spiritual beings that have lived many physical lives, why would there be a special one? Isn't it all very relative?

We might have many people we might be compatible with but we only have ONE that is our divine complement. Sometimes they incarnate the same time we do, sometimes they are "guardian angels" on the "other side."