View Single Post
Old 10-03-2018, 09:42 PM
Pathfinder

I can empathize from a different perspective. I was raised atheist so religion of any sort was very foreign to me. When I became interested in Wicca there was a lot of resistance. What was ironic was even being raised atheist due to the way we are conditioned in society I harbored a lot of the fear that was caused by the Christian mindset when it comes to Witches as well as what I have seen in the media. Very few movies or TV shows depict Witches in a positive way. It took awhile but with intuition I could tell the path of the Witch was the right path for me. If regardless of your resistance you keep thinking about it and continue to search, most likely you are gravitating towards that path for a reason. My advice, and I will admit I am very new to Witchcraft and anything spiritual, is to meditate regularly, read books, (I started with Wicca: A Guide for the Solitary Practitioner by the late Scott Cunningham), explore YouTube and reach out to the wonderful folks on sites like this. For me at least meditation was the first step to deal with fear, anxiety, depression etc. Don't be afraid to call to your Spirit Guides or Higher Self for some insight. The process of shedding layers can be intense and you don't have to do it alone. But be open and ask yourself if you are being resistant. One thing also to remember is that Wicca's rule of thumb is to harm none. If you have no ill will and love yourself and the others around you nothing bad will happen. This sadly, is what people either forget or simply do not know. I hope that I was able to help at least a little bit. As for Christianity, what I have found, which may be refreshing, is a lot of the tradition is stemmed from Pagan religions. They even use magick! Like I said earlier, I just went through months of being horrified. It will pass if you trust / love yourself and others and perhaps find a spiritual routine with meditation.