View Single Post
Old 15-01-2019, 06:56 PM
Knower

I'm happy to hear that this is the way you are approaching it. I know and knew the way that the 'industry' was moving. I had reiki even before 1994, it was then that I was initiated as a master and started teaching. I stopped associating myself with the industry around 1999 (and it HAS become an industry) because of the influx of people with their "one true technique" and the copyright claims.

Since then, people are usually referred to me because they are being confused or scared (!) or disappointed with the techniques and rituals they have been taught and someone I've previously spoken to tells them about my philosophy and understanding of reiki and that simplicity resonates with them.

But I have heard SO many stories. It's pretty amazing.

But, like your journey, I just have faith that people will come to their own understandings in their own time. The rituals will fall away and people will be left with their relationship with themselves and the universe and personal growth will happen in exactly the way they need.

And I find it very acceptable to not call it reiki, as you say, to label yourself under that umbrella. It means universal life force or vital life force. I find that much more real and representative.

It is great hanging out in the energy so have fun finding your space in that relationship. Experience is always the best teacher :)