View Single Post
Old 15-01-2019, 05:17 PM
Guide

Empowers, I appreciate your feedback! As I continued to read this book it highlighted exactly what you mentioned about the different variations of reiki, as well as the "new" versions and symbols that are popping up in the hundreds...and being trademarked. Sure, there are many ways people practice their reiki and I can appreciate that, but the way I see it marketed and monetized in the US does not feel authentic to me in the least. This is not to say that I don't believe in reiki, I just don't agree with the way it has been marketed. For these reasons I am hesitant to label myself under the umbrella of reiki.

I feel like the new versions and symbols that are being trademarked, taught and sold to clients and practitioners alike has everyone chasing something more powerful that they don't yet recognize within themselves. We can question whether or not Usui used symbols at all, or if the symbols he received were personal to his use of them...just like the new symbols popping up may be personal to the people who have received them in their meditation or what have you. Receiving someone else's symbols in my aura, in my opinion, only makes me feel more powerful if I believe that they are more powerful or spiritually advanced than I am...hence constantly chasing something that is outside of us.

I am only about 4 years into this journey with reiki, so please understand the stories, history, methods and reiki masters out there teaching now may be quite different since you have learned in 1994. In my experience so far, I have not had a teacher (I've had two different teachers for each level) who has me convinced, nor properly guided me. I'm ok with that though as I continue to seek out what feels true to me.