View Single Post
Old 24-02-2011, 06:20 AM
AngelBreeze

"Waiting" period between Reiki I and Reiki II

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ82Sky
so i know at least 3 mos or so (i asked my reiki teacher) and i plan on practicing as much as possible, but i wanted to ask what other people's experiences were. my one friend waited a few years, others wait less, more i know it varies on individual and practice and so on. so i figured i'd ask what you guys all did. thanks!

Greetings CJ82Sky!

Regarding the waiting period between Level 1 and Level II Reiki (Usui System), it really all depends on you and how quickly you want to learn the next level and are ready for it. While it is always good and recommended to practice in between levels learned for a better grasp of the techniques and energy, Level II would augment Level I energy and also afford you to learn three basic Symbols which allow you to do additional work including sending Reiki at a distance.

Many masters also believe there is great need in the world today for Reiki. Therefore do not stand in the way of students advancing more rapidly between levels than was once done before. I personally see it akin to going to college and studying and receiving your Bachelor's degree and instead of waiting to get your Master's, if you are able to, you can proceed in getting your Master's because that is your personal decision to do so and how could a professor stand in your way and tell you that you cannot, for you always know best.

The Level II energy is more profound but it is not unusual for people to be able to integrate the energy in a short amount of time. It all depends on them. However, your Reiki master may also have his thoughts on that and might not wish to teach the next level until he feels the Reiki I initiate has had enough practice on that level in order to proceed. If the initiate to Level I, however, feels they are ready anyway, that should be left up to them, imho, as no one knows better than they when they are ready. And if they are being spiritually led to advance at that point, then who is to say they should not.

I know Reiki I and Reiki II are being taught in one weekend together in some places and apparently quite successfully so we have to remember the adage, "If the student is ready the teacher will appear." And perhaps it is that with some Level I initiates they would choose another Reiki master to continue with their studies and attunements which should always be their own choice as I don't believe anyone should be made to stay with only one Reiki master if they wish to go to another.

And we must also remember that Dr. Usui, the Grand master of Reiki, received his Reiki spiritual experience and enlightenment all at once on Mt. Kuriyama along with the symbols and techniques to impart to others, which he and his first two Grand masters refined, without his having a personal 'waiting' period between degrees, which was something that was later decided to be done, so that is also something to consider when making a decision.

I Am Sending You Many Hugs With Much Love and Pure Light,
(\o/) AngelBreeze (\o/)