View Single Post
Old 23-09-2018, 10:44 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by baronesslucy
It is evident that man could not create this creation. A higher power created the earth. In situation which seemed helpless or there are nothing mankind could do, a miracle happened. This is from the higher power named God which has saved people from certain death in war, saved people from harm and saved life when nothing humanly can be done. I recognize however that there are times when people died in war, children have died of illness and accidents and others have suffered despite praying to God for relief. Why this happens, one doesn't know.

I don't believe that there is more than one God or higher power because if there was, they would fighting over who was right or what should be done or fighting over power. In Greek mythology the Gods are from time to time fighting with each other for power, control or domination. Unless the Gods had one God who was very powerful and could control infighting among the Gods, it would be very difficult to have Gods who were in unison with each other.

This is my thought on it and I'm in no way judging someone who believes differently.

You say some very odd things baronesslucy. Some of those things however if related to specific trains of thought may not so far out. But that would mean long masses of discussions.
You say it is evident that man did not create this creation - well, no-one has ever suggested that. If the whole span of evolution is equated to be 24 hours mankind has only been here for five minutes.
If a higher power created this 'earth' then who created the higher power...
I for one, and I'm not alone, would dispute the possibility of miracles - there are no such things, this would mean that natural laws would need to be suspended. They then cease to be laws.
The higher God who apparently saved lives in war must have been the one who caused the wars in the first place. This because we are (apparently) all subject to living God's will.
Prayers have only seemingly helped where a positive result has been seen. Many prayers go unanswered so we see nothing. If I pray for rain tomorrow because my cattle are dying and you pray for a few hot days because you are going on holiday - who wins...
If things are caused to happen then surely we have a right to know why they happen, especially if they happen to us...
If the reason we have only one god is because they would be fighting with each other for power means that this must have been thought out beforehand…

Just my thoughts.