View Single Post
Old 15-04-2020, 05:29 AM
MAYA EL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky 1
One of the big things they look at is haplogroups which determines where groups of people who share similar DNA originated from. ..

My sur name Is German but when you look at the haplogroups making up my total genetic heritage. ...there's a big chunk of central European that I expected but also a fair amount of ancestry that goes to Ireland. ...something I didn't expect....

23 And Me also looks at the deep ancestry..as much as 30, 000 years back of both your parents.....my moms deep ancestry was Scandinavian and central European as expected. ..

What wasn't expected was my dad having deep ancestry tied to Morocco as well as the central European genetics we did expect.

Another thing they'll tell you is physical and health stuff....diseases you might have a tendency to having. .
They even told me that my genetics shows that I have a muscle type lending itself to strength and bursts of speed like sprinting rather than a muscle type inclined to long slow endurance running. .....and this is absolutely true.

Frankly. .....there's so much information its not possible to post it all here

People have a mixture of different types of skeletal muscle fibers
Type-A
Type-B
Type-AB (like a mixture of the 2)

You have different amounts depending on the location of the body but overall some bodies in general have a higher number of one or the other.
A person that's naturally thin usually narrow framed is very good at long-distance activities like running or cycling it has a very hard time being strong or putting on muscle mass this is because the majority of muscle fibers in their body are type A which is the smallest of the fibers but has the most blood capillaries around it so it's the most efficient at re oxygenating and creating ATP whereas they generally heavy set style person having wide shoulders wide hips or as they say the "farm boy look" generally has very poor cardiovascular endurance but despite the fact that some of these people have never worked out a day in their life these individuals are still strong as an ox this is because they mainly have type B muscle fibers which are the largest fiber but unfortunately have the least amount of blood capillaries take longer to recharge but are very powerful.

Now depending on your exercise techniques you can actually change your physiology to have more of one type or the other now this takes a long time to do of course but it is possible however I think what 23andMe does from what I can remember is they go off of a study that was done a few years ago why are thousands of people were tested to see what types of muscle 5 today had naturally as well as athletes of the same ethnicity to see if muscle type was consistent across the board from non-active to active individuals and this was down on several different continents if I remember correctly and concluded very consistent pattern between ethnic races and muscle fiber type so even though they're not actually testing your muscle fibers and I technically guessing based off of study it's still very accurate in my opinion.