View Single Post
Old 15-07-2017, 06:58 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar-n-Spice
I experienced this after letting someone I really love a LOT out of my life combined with repeated trauma. When I was really young I encountered some Chinese philosophy on depression and these types of traumatic situations. In western civ we tend to resist these feelings and try to revive what we feel is correct. Eastern civ- don't resist. Live through it as a season that passes, like our natural seasons; winter, summer, spring and fall. What you have endured, well you have to let it play out and give yourself time to resolve it. Allow yourself to have your thoughts and to examine them--but live as you are doing, and it will pass.

Thank you for your input Sugar-n-Spice. I've looked back over my life, and like you, some people that meant a lot to me, I had to say goodbye. Repeated traumas can often cause a person to protect him or herself through dissociation. Like if one pushes pain down deep enough maybe it won't be felt anymore. But those things have a way of pushing back up in other areas of life. One just never knows how much another individual has experienced in life. I think that's why I have learned over my lifetime not to judge other people. Not judging doesn't always transform into empathy, but the more I realize that everyone in this world experiences traumas, like you spoke of, I know I am not unique. I've come to believe through this thread and a very meaningful PM, that I am indeed have empathy running through my veins and the years of dissociation are melting away. Thanks again for your input.