View Single Post
Old 28-11-2017, 09:50 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover

“Passionate, free-thinking women raise passionate, free-thinking children, and passionate, free-thinking children grow up to be passionate, free-thinking adults. Passionate, free-thinking adults are very difficult to manipulate and almost impossible to control.”

Marianne Williamson

" Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our Light, not our Darkness, that most frightens us."

Marianne Williamson

Edit: oops, ur thread is about feelings.. um, eee .. err, maybe later
Thank you Clover! <3

Lately, I have been tied-up in my own head...in just mere small-talk and philosophical speculation on here and it wasn't doing myself nor anybody else any good, just picking through the dry bones and romanticising experiential wisdom online, when I've felt the 'real deal' and then having others describe spirituality from a mere mental perspective, lacking any real depth or clarity to it whatsoever.

This sort of left me feeling that people seem to think they can get full just by smelling the food without ever having to eat any of it...I was all for taking an extended SF vacation, because I can out-philosophise anybody on here...and yet I also know that isn't what true spirituality is all about...it isn't even what false spirituality is all about.

...and so, I went on an online search, to find a connection with what it was that I seemed to be forsaking to be able to speak directly from my heart and not my head.

After a short search, I came across a video on another website called "Secret Energy" and the title of the video was "Connecting With Universal Consciousness".

https://www.secretenergy.com/videos/...consciousness/

So, I watched that whole video, but one speaker on it stood out above the rest...touched something within me...her name, Marianne Williamson.

Then, I thought "okay, let me go on Youtube and find more things by Marianne Williamson...never heard of her before..."

So, because my bandwidth (and concentration) is limited, I can't watch talks that go for hours....I found a beautiful short meditation by her, entitled: "How To Place Your Future In The Hands Of God" and I was a bawling, babbling mess half way through it...tears that I hadn't cried for months just started flowing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3P-ThtRxHw

After the meditation was over and I pulled myself together...I am a very deeply passionate woman and I'm also passionate about my spirituality beyond all the dry intellectual stuff....I thought I'd come on SF once more and try to find a thread that didn't go into whether anything really existed or not because I was sick to death of talking about all that stuff.

So, I found this thread here...thought "hmmm, this looks interesting, I may read it" and lo and behold...there were quotes from Marianne Williamson!!! right here!!! straight off the bat!!!

So, noticing the immediate synchronicity in the whole chain of events, I thought I would break my intellectual hiatus from SF just to post this.

Be well.