View Single Post
Old 24-04-2018, 06:31 PM
Experiencer

Should I send him a message or let it go?

Hi guys, need a bit of advice here.

So I met this guy 2 months ago on an online dating site. We hit it off instantly and met after a few days. I had a few reservations about him but felt really attracted to him.

The reservations were basically because we are very different people, come from different cultures, upbringing, education, etc, but somehow we connected really well.

So we started dating and things were going well, until 2 weeks ago. He did something I didn't like and I was triggered. We went on a video call that day and I was a bit on the defensive side telling him the things I didn't like.

He started becoming defensive too and things escalated into an argument. He was quite angry at me and I got scared of his reaction.

So we stopped the video call and continued on text message. I was feeling angry and scared and told him that if he reacts like that it's better if we do not continue. He did say sorry, but at the same time said he thinks he did nothing wrong and it felt he was saying sorry just to shut me up.

He was shocked at this, but as soon as we stopped texting, he went on social media and deleted the photos of us together. So that told me that yes, he wanted to break up too.

I was really angry at him, so next day I sent him a message asking for us to meet so I could give his things back to him that were at my house. We met, I gave him the stuff, he asked "that's it"? And I said yes, and left. That was the last time I saw or spoken to him.

After a week or so I sent him a friend request on Facebook (I had unfriended him after I saw him taking off our photos), and he refused to accept my request, which basically tells me he wants nothing to do with me.

The truth is, I miss him and I am sorry for breaking up with him in the heat of the moment. I've had a relationship in the past where we use to fight a lot and I guess that was still in me, because I got really scared and got into a "fight or flight" mode.

I have no idea if he misses me or not. I know he hasn't deleted my number because I can still see him online on whatsapp.

I already did an attempt to approach him by my friend request on FB, so I don't know if I should send him a message or not? I don't want to be chasing him, but on the other hand, I was the other breaking up. I would like to say something like "hey I feel like it would be good to have a conversation about what happened, if you ever feel the same let me know".

I guess I just wanted to have a proper conversation with him, regardless if we get back together or not.

Or maybe I shouldn't do anything and let him be the one contacting me since I already tried an approach?

Really confused here. Can you advise? Thank you.