Thread: Death & Dying
View Single Post
Old 26-06-2016, 02:56 AM
Deactivated Account
Some really good insights in your thread, Starman...

One excercise I found valuable to engage in, in years past, was to imagine myself being on my deathbed. Perhaps I had developed a terminal illness and was given but one week to live. I then would deeply contemplate how those circumstances would alter the way in which I would perceive the various aspects of my life that I was dealing with and experiencing in the present (at the time of the exercise). How would this shift in perspective change the way that I view certain elements in my life? How would it affect any attachment to or identification with my physical body? How would it impact where I assign true value and importance within my life experience? What areas of my life might lose their former sense of importance or relevancy? Exactly what is it that I would be taking with me when I leave this physical world and what would be parted ways with and left behind?

I've also read Kubler-Ross' book, and Thanatology has been a primary field of interest for me. I feel there is A LOT to be gained from reading about and researching this subject matter - and that comes primarily from the subsequent reflection & contemplation that the material inspires.