View Single Post
Old 20-10-2018, 04:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sentient
Karmic patterns, subconscious energy patterns, samkaras – as in subconscious or semi-conscious habitual tendencies - all I think, speak of the same or similar things, the way we react when these patterns are triggered.
And according to Karma: “Who you are is a result of who you have been. And who you become is the result of who you are now.”

Here these samkaras or energy patterns really can get in our way of growth, keeping us going round and round on the same ‘level’ circling the same problem on and on, till we resolve them or it (one at the time) or transcend them.
Some of these energy patterns are more on the surface, some deeper in the subconscious and some can even stem from past life.

In the Buddhist narrative, reaction/volition creates a potential which is called sankhara, and that potential will manifest in experience when all the necessary conditions come together. And, as one continues to react/voltion to what manifests, more sankara/potentials are propagated, which end up manifesting, and around the kammic cycle goes.

Quote:
When it comes to early childhood energy patterns, those are very deep in the subconscious, hence difficult to change. We have to become conscious of them first.

Yes, so these long held traumas (could be called sankhara) originate in extreme reactions had at the time in the past when the person was traumatised.

Quote:
I’ve got one and I know it stems from early childhood ‘external weather conditions’ – having to deal with a family member with a Narcissistic personality disorder. Always having to walk on egg shells, and just when you think the situation is harmonious and easy and that we have got communication going – BANG! Out of the clear blue sky, totally from the ‘left field’ blind side this rage of accusations come, which do not relate to anything happening and are totally irrational high emotional dramas about something or another you have no clue about, but are accused to be responsible for, guilty of - you name it .....

Ok. now I know what the Narcissistic personality disorder is like and why they behave the way they do. They cannot help it, so you just watch the patterns go through their cycles within the vastness of space and stay detached. Besides you have forgiven them long ago, so no blame.

But as a small child – how did I deal with it?

We just do what we need to do the get through the day, and blocking the full emotion is what we have to do. It's how we survive, so it's a good thing. Later on in life after we develop a more stable mindful balance we can let it come through without being severely disturbed.

Quote:
Well, I froze and had a lot of migraine headaches to stop thinking.

But now, no matter how far I think I have gone into “The Enchanted Forest” (Spiritual Realms), at one point or another I freeze and turn back.

That's Ok. Near enough everyone has a limitation to how much they can handle, but we can improve our mindful stability to enable us to handle much more than before.

Quote:
I have got this freezing pattern, this 'deer in the headlights disorder', which I now think perhaps stems from my past life, when at times of extreme duress – I froze.

So what to do?
This has got to be cleared up without medication

Meditation is integral to clearing stored sankhara, but I mean 'meditation' in particular way, which I'm more than happy to talk about.

Quote:
Conscious intent to clear it up will probably bring external situations to trigger it, which is why we need them, to turn our patterns around on the spot of duress.

Besides, “how far down is this the rabbit hole going to go?”
Not really looking forward to it - yet looking forward to it at the same time.

Well, it's better to start with one step and keep going from there...