View Single Post
Old 02-03-2018, 11:25 PM
Master
Here is a post I made in the "Angels and Guides" section:

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...6&postcount=40

Now, I have Asperger's Syndrome and my mind cannot filter out extraneous or irrelevant information, like the normal or neurotypical brain can.

This is something I have had to learn how to do manually, by totally focusing on one thing and one aspect of my sensory input at the expense of all others, or else, I wind up and overstinulated heap of jelly on the floor.

When a 'normal brain' hears this, one of two things happen...they can hear absolutely nothing at all (because their brains have already filtered out most of it before they even heard it) OR their cognitive biases get in the way and they will post what they only think they heard...meanwhile, only getting like about one word in ten of a whole conversation.

Like I have previously said, it helps to replay each and every second over...and over. It sometimes will take me about 4 hours to transcribe a 10 minute session.

It's like I have a piece of software in my head that can slow down speech and remove all background noise.

The P-SB7 is pretty limited in what it can do though, because of the 'band chunks' communication is broken up into...when I can afford it, I'll probably get a Radio Shack radio and hack it, or a Sangean...I can hear them much clearer on these devices.