View Single Post
Old 19-01-2020, 08:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by guthrio
Altair,
Sorry for the confusion. The point I was trying to make is this:
Those who thought that way were laboring under the false impression that "2+2=5", but they did not know it until they learned, (as we ALL must learn) that the Truth was staring them in the face all the while.
No worries, Guthrio.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutrio
Both Science and Religion have yet to figure out what's been staring them in the face. That's why all the false starts, fights, misunderstandings, and yes, both scientific as well as religious dogma have crippled the progress of their respective efforts ever since their practitioners did not know this.
And what is it that stares both of them in their 'face'??

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
I suggest that the burden of proof lies with science. They may show that certain physiological conditions are present in those with epilepsy but this is not the same as proving that these physiological conditions cause epilepsy. The cause may lie elsewhere, manifesting as physiological conditions and epileptic fits.
I brought it up as an example where we're shown that science does not need religion to understand the world. I'm no expert on epilepsy but it seems there are ways to drastically reduce the seizures. Many other health issues have been cured with medicine and vaccinations. We can understand what causes the disease and it makes religious explanations for these phenomena unnecessary.

If people persist believing in alternative explanations they have that right, but when they make a truth claim that it is caused by a demon or an issue with an etheric body than the burden of proof lies with them. Or choose to say ''I believe/think there's more to it, but I can't make any Truth claim and I don't have proof. Sorry, can't be of further use.''. That's totally cool, but unfortunately not what usually occurs in religions.