View Single Post
Old 23-08-2018, 04:49 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
When it comes to Hinduism does it claim that consciousness is everything? Not so much "everything is God" or "everything is I" but rather "everything is consciousness"?

Can one do away with both the God and the I and just stick with consciousness?
Namaste, Honza.

"God", "I AM" and "Consciousness" are ALL interchangeable terms. It represents the feeble attempts by the human mind to try and "understand" that which exists beyond all thought, when doing that is pretty much futile anyway.

The human mind is governed by labels, concepts and comparisons due to cognitive bias through living a conditioned existence...but all "God" is... all "Consciousness" is, is a tool to help us go beyond that... until it becomes the lens through which we see and not the perception in and of itself.

It is also highly individualized and personal...no two snowflakes are alike and yet they are all snowflakes by definition... and yet, if the word "snowflake" did not exist, they would be perceived differently.

Whatever we are, is only a part of that which everything is, no matter WHAT it is called, yet the whole only exists as the total sum of its parts yet there is are no increments...no diminishing, because the universe is a closed system.

Aum Namah Shivaya