View Single Post
Old 26-09-2011, 11:17 AM
Deactivated Account
Not so much love addiction with me...but I certainly understand that massive and all consuming desire for connection.

Not sure what your childhood was like, but for me the need stemmed from a difficult and lonely upbringing. I craved the connection I did not experience from my family.

Like some people have already said, my turning point came when I stopped searching outside for something that already exists with me. I know realise that I can live alone yet feel connected to and supported by the universe. I was single for well over 5 years despite being physcially disabled and caring for a learning disabled child. I got myself some counselling to deal with my issues, met some friends (I had none for a long time) and started a degree course via distance learning. I started to feel satisfied with myself. I began to open up spiritually and trust in my connection to the universe. I no longer craved a partner. I still felt lonely and to be honest still do at times, so I have a way to go, but the all emcompassing need had eased. Also, I have now just started a new relationship with someone. I knew I was in the right place to share my love because it will ADD TO my life, not be all my life is worth.

The more desperation you give out, the more you are giving out messages of lack to the universe. In reality, you have all the love you need. You just don't realise it. The universe looks at your behaviour and sees someone who is determined to reject love. Real emotionally healthy and loving relationships are formed from people who love and accept themselves and wish to share this, not from people can simply cannot live alone. Love is love, and doesn't equate with need. That is different. Loving someone means not needing them, it's being able to share your life with them but willing to let them go when the time is right because you know you do not depend on them.

A question: would you find a guy attractive who was utterly desperate for a girl to the point of feeling like you do? Desperation generally pushes people away. This may also explain your lack. Healthy people are attracted to those who are healthy and settled within themselves.

I would recommend counselling as it sounds like some deep lying issue are involved. I know it's all very well to hear people say 'grow up' but it's not as simple as that. Negative messages are often deeply ingrained and stem from a lot of emotion, and emotions aren;t logical. We can know there are people in far worse situations yet not be able to pull ourselves out of our thinking without help and support.

Take care.