Thread: Flu Season
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2014, 04:59 PM
Experiencer

Flu Season

The flu has been going around in my area within past month. I was doing pretty good not catching it, but, I eventually started showing symptoms.

The other night, I couldn't even fall asleep, had a slight fever, a cough, and just felt bad.

Went to kitchen, saw I ran out of orange juice. As I was standing in front of kitchen sink, saw my container of baking soda that I sometimes use to brush my teeth with.

I've taken baking soda in the past, to help relieve acid reflux I sometimes get.

Rolled it around in my mind, if maybe this could possibly help relieve symptoms of the flu.

I took about a quarter teaspoon of bsoda, mixed with about six ounces water. Drank, went back to bed.

About fifteen to twenty minutes later, I felt great! No cough in lungs, no fever, just felt good! Felt wide awake so I watched a little tv. About an hour later, I took another quarter teaspoon of bsoda with water. Went to bed, fell asleep in about twenty minutes. Woke up next morning feeling great!

I did some google searching on " baking soda flu ". Back during the 1918-1919 flu epidemic, people were actually using baking soda and water to keep from getting flu, and lesson the symptoms. Check it out.