View Single Post
Old 25-02-2011, 03:54 PM
Serenity Bear

As far as I understand, the test that he wants a medium to do is to get information 100 times (this is usual in a scientific test) to exactly the same accuracy in every occasion. If you dont show the same results 100 times then he calls you a fraud!

It has nothing to do with cold reading - I can spot a cold reader a mile off. Its to do with getting a link and giving the right information on every occasion for every item giving during a sitting and then repeating that 100 times.

Even the very best mediums do have off days, and even the top mediums probably have a 95 % strike rate, with the very rare no.

Plus anyone serious about mediumship would never wish to have anything to do with Randi!

This is very similar to Tv and Radio, very few want to go on TV, and be under the editors cutting knife, where they can change messages for either good or bad receptions.

I have read that Houdini was very much a sceptic but was made less when he occumpanied Sir Conan Doyle (a friend) to seances. This was also how Hanna Swaffar (a Fleet Street reporter) came to be a Spiritualist, he started of attending seances to find the frauds.