View Single Post
Old 28-03-2017, 02:57 PM
Knower
Yes - this is soo powerful stuff.

Reading it slow and contemplatively I gets in almost a state of Meditation.

Nondual shaivism and kashmir Shaivism is very dear to me.

It's a Shakopaya practice, using the mind to elevate oneself into a state of wholeness, the experience of Shiva consciousness. Changing the
conceptual framework for the living experience.

http://shaivism.net/introduction.html
Quote:
Shaktopaya :
It is a yogic practice of thought only. In this the seeker has to develop concentration upon God-consciousness by means of a special initiating thought unfolded by the master. The definition of Shaktopaya is given in Shri Malinivijaya Tantra as under:-

<verses>

When the aspirant concentrates on the particular thought of God-consciousness without the support of Pranayama and chanting of mantras etc, be develops that consciousness uninterruptedly. That state is called Shaktopaya.

The particular thought like 'I am all consciousness', 'I am all', or 'I am Transcendental Bliss', must be firmly adjusted in mind with such an awareness that no other thought comes to displace it. aspirant established in this state of awareness enters the state of Transcendental consciousness and passes from duality to unity.

Shaktopaya does not involve any objective 'Dhyana' intellectual meditation, or anything of that sort. It is an expedient of very high order and is meant for those who possess unflinching devotion and sharp intellectual acumen. It is solely meant for those who are not capable of undergoing Nirvikalpa yoga of Shambavopaya, because of the deep-rooted mental impressions of the impure vikalpa (thought-aberrations).

This Shaktopaya is call Jnanopaya also, because the mental activities of meditation are the most important factors in it. Thus it is an indirect means to complete liberation.