View Single Post
Old 22-05-2013, 12:45 PM
Aelfrede

Question Unsettling experience - anyone had similar?

Hi,

have been experiencing strange phenomena in my house for a long time (years) however what I experienced the other night is something I have never had before, and was very shocking and disconcerting to say the least.

I'm posting in the mediumship section of these forums in the hope that someone might know more about/had similar to what I experienced.

Firstly, to give a bit of background, I've been having lucid dreams and out of body experiences for years, so am not new to the sleep paralysis experience. Also other strange phenomena in the house are unexplained noises, objects moving, spirit sightings, and feeling someone sitting on the bed at night, also something jumping and moving up bed (only size of a cat - up until now!) Also I see visual phenomena, but must admit I see these at other places too (glows/colours round people, ripples and waft like movements in air, sometimes mists appearing, things darting past quickly across visual field or in peripheral, movements in peripheral but nothing there when you look).

Now to the experience. I dreamed that I was speaking to some woman who was meant to be a psychic/medium. She was explaining there was a man (at the time I had a mind's eye image pop up of a young man and felt he had quite a meek and humble character) she said 'he says he's very sorry, he didn't realise and he's trembling'. At the point she said that, I was aware of being back in bed and my head jolted back with force (so that my head tipped right back and my neck extended) and all these tickly shivers rose up through me - like something was going out of me. It was such an overwhelming, physical feeling, it felt like my physical head really had jolted back. However, as I'm used to having out of body experiences, I know how real things can feel. But saying that, I still feel it was my physical head jolting back - that's how real and physical it felt. The overall sensation wasn't terrible, I would even say in a strange way it might have been quite pleasant. What is very disconcerting is how out of control and overpowering it was - I had no control over my body doing that.

After that, I was still aware of the woman talking, I tried to memorise what she was saying, but I forget. But after she had spoken I felt something crawling up the bed. It was much bigger than a cat. I struggled against the sleep paralysis several times and was able to break it just as whatever it was reached my neck. I frantically waved my hand out and threw back the duvet. Now I know it can be quite typical in sleep paralysis to feel something on you (I actually think it's possible we experience real entities that exist on the energy level/etheric/astral when in that state) but combined with the other experience with my head jolting back - this has all left me feeling very unsettled and wanting to get to the bottom of what's going on.

I have never experienced anything like this. I want to understand it. As I have already explained, I have had many sleep paralysis and out of body experiences, but never anything like this. This seemed to affect my physical body, and felt like a spirit had been residing in me and then left. I really want to understand what happened and it would help to hear from others who have had a similar experience of something leaving them, or who are familiar with the intricacies of spirit possession. Like I said, what is most disconcerting was that my body would do that, with no control over the intense, quite violent movements (head jolting back).

I would be very grateful of feedback from anyone who has experienced this, especially the head jolting back thing. Or anyone who's heard about it before and knows what might be going on? Particularly the head jolting back, face facing ceiling, neck extended back, tickly shivers racing up through body.

Thanks for reading,

Aelfrede