View Single Post
Old 29-08-2011, 10:43 AM
mattie

What Is The Real Intent?

The title, ‘A Warning’ is a concern from the get go. I’m not keen on warnings. Warnings tend to have the intent of generating fear.

The first stanza alludes to apocalyptic stuff. The Mayans have firmly stated their calendar has nothing to do w/ apocalypse.

Is ‘the false’ a reference to false prophets. Yawn. The real false prophets are organized religion. All of them.

The last line of the 2nd stanza, ‘... and then you will die’ is problematic. Why will our soul not be the same? ‘You are the one to blame’ is HIGHLY problematic. The mention of ‘sin’ suggests this is from an organized religion POV. Warnings, apocalypse, false prophets, our soul being in danger, & enduring are also mainstays of organized religion.

‘Endure’ alludes to that some won’t endure (survive). I’m not the least bit concerned about enduring. Endure alludes to suffering patiently. What are we supposed to be suffering through?

One thing I do agree w/ is, ‘This isn’t meant to be beautiful ...’ What is the intent of this message? It seems to be to generate fear.