View Single Post
Old 22-01-2011, 02:49 AM
pre-dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBreeze
It then becomes clearly apparent that there is a fundamental misunderstanding within the church as to who can actually heal. That is to say if they believe that Reiki can heal and that is therefore indeed the reason they are against people in their denomination practicing Reiki because they think it is against their teachings, then they need to wake-up and embrace the fact that only *God* can heal. Again, I must say that Reiki does not/cannot heal without the Power of God behind it. That is what I have been saying all along and will continue to say until all can get it.

As to what statement it would make about a Christian Reiki practitioner, that is not for me to judge. It is my profound belief that if God is invoked in All healing matters, as He should be, and as I personally do, then it is God who will ultimately perform any healing to be made. He will do it in His own time and not ours. Many Catholics who perform Reiki and teach it, to my understanding, do so knowing full well that it is a benevolent method only to be used to help another human being through God. And from that perspective, with God fully in the equation, they do their work. I cannot speak for them, of course, but only to relay to you what I have read and learned about those of that particular denomination who practice Reiki. Further, if Catholics are against any modality used in healing, outside of God, then i.m.h.o. they need to also go after the vitamin companies, the exercise modalities, health care folks, etc. as well and not single out only one source.

If you would like, I can provide you with some links about Catholics who do Reiki so that you can see for yourself what they have to say about this issue.
The fundamental difference I am talking about is that the Buddhist culture in which Usui grew up an systematized the method he called Reiki is based on monism, i.e. there is no God, and there are no gods in it. If you remove God from your text above, what are we left with?
Monism is the virtual opposite of Christian beliefs, this makes the two incompatible. That Usui was a Christian minister is an attempt to skirt around this, imo quite a dishonest attempt to make Reiki palatable to Christians, and the reasons why I think so are in an earlier post.

The question is this, can one take a practice (Reiki) that arises out of an opposite world view, Buddhism, and transplant it into Christianity, then ascribe it to things which in the original method do not even exist (God), and continue to claim it is the original Reiki?

TBH, I think if I would be a reiki practitioner and a Christian I would also be upset about what I said and would do my utmost to ignore it.

I would appreciate your links for doing some further research.