View Single Post
Old 18-11-2015, 06:23 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeWhispers
I can understand how a change would be experienced.
How would they know if it is newfound awareness or a different soul inhabiting a human vessel?

Well the person isn't entirely different across the board... They still retain aspects of their former selves (memories, personality traits, preferences, etc). It's just that they tend to change enough to a degree that they no longer conform to the image that certain others held for them and came to identify with. So the other people more or less experience a form of cognitive dissonance when interacting with the individual, post NDE... Like "Hey, you're not exactly the same person as I had remembered you."..

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeWhispers
I'll check out the book, it sounds like one I would enjoy. Thanks

It's an excellent book. I do think you will enjoy it. The author makes the connection between the transformative changes reported by Near-Death Experiences and individuals who did not have NDE's but reported to have experienced going through the process of kundalini awakening. In many respects, the internal 'changes' that are reported under these two contexts are indentical. It's just that the NDE (experience) seems to be more like an accelerated form of 'awakening' for the individual, whereas a kundalini awakening can take course over the span of several to many (10-15+) years... Here is a quote from the text:

"In full kundalini awakenings, what is experienced is significantly similar to what many NDErs report from their experiences. And more than that: The aftereffects of these deep kundalini awakenings seem to lead to individual transformations and personal world views essentially indistinguishable from those found in NDErs" ~ Heading Toward Omega (Kenneth Ring)

I have a friend on another forum who had an NDE and from having spoken with her about her experiences, I can see the direct parallels between the internal changes and transformation that she reported undergoing in the years that followed, and what I myself experienced when I was going through a spiritual awakening. So I definitely share Kenneth Ring's findings regarding the similarities and connection between the two...

Last edited by wolfgaze : 18-11-2015 at 07:55 PM.