View Single Post
Old 12-06-2019, 11:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
I often feel like I find great beauty and meaning in the darker and sad side of the life experience.

Sad music, sad or tragic stories (fiction, nonfiction, history), dark poetry, dark art, and other sad/dark things I can't think of at the moment. Of course, it is not just dark things, I appreciate the happier joyful side of art, history, life, etc. just as much (I mean I am not goth ). But I am often drawn to those darker aspects of the human experience and they in some way make me feel good instead of sad.

I am also aware that many people are not, and would rather steer clear of the darker and sad side of life. Often they almost think something is wrong with those who appreciate those sad and dark moments.

I am curious as to how others on this forum line up. Do you find you derive beauty and meaning from the darker aspects of life and are often drawn in (maybe even comforted) by them, or do they just bring you down and would prefer to avoid them when that is possible?

Any reflections on why we are one way or the other?

Oh yes.

Love nothing more thsn writing songs, poetry, relating about the whole kit and caboodle. I know through personal experience of facing fully my own shadow aspects, the clarity, love and joyful being that arises through all that, shows me how this allows me now to create through the whole of myself. It’s like travelling the streams freely, as a creator, born from everything I have been, have become..

Where we relate is often where our focus is at any given time. If you understand the completeness within all sides of your being, then one doesn’t require sides, seperation or division, but simply aware and moving with it all. You can create from any where you are in it all.

I know some people in my world will only focus on happy, happy thoughts, staying out of pain and suffering ones. I do feel in these observations it is a way to not add fuel to ignite their hold. It’s a way to end suffering. Walking through the whole has shown me, that there are abundant gifts in facing fully the shadow more as a whole body integration. There is much freedom in this way of creating and being in the world.