View Single Post
Old 17-09-2006, 02:24 PM
~Jay~

Hi there,

I thought I'd add these two specific meditations for meeting your guides, as the very first time I tried meditation, I used the 'Sanctuary' method, and had success straight away.

This guided meditation is excellent for beginners or those who wish to meet their spirit guide - always remember to protect and ground yourself before trying any kind of spiritual work. (I'm sure you already know this )

SANCTUARY MEDITATION

Visualise standing at the beginning of a long, long straight road/avenue lined with trees. You can visualise whatever you want either side, whatever will help you relax. At the end of the avenue is a white building. Mine was a temple/chapel - again you can visualise whatever makes you comfortable, as long as it is white. The focus is to get into that building. Your guide will meet you there.

This is your place, your sanctuary. It will also be your 'training ground' for a while.

Each time you meditate your guide will be waiting for you and will show you what you need to learn. After a few times you should be able to just 'land' straight in the building rather than walking the avenue. In time, when you are ready, you will leave the building out the back way with your guide and he will show you your new world, your new home and in time, the other dimensions.

Be aware of your guide calling you into meditation - there is often an urge to meditate, don't ignore it, it's normally important. If at anytime he/she isn't there, they might just be busy, just try meditating later. However, after a while your guide may disappear for weeks on end and when you try to meditate you end up with nothing and no-one. It's an enforced 'break' - the most frustrating times, but it means that you are being made ready for the next stage or there are things in your personal life which are more important. It happens every few months and it's a mare, but you'll realise why when things start happening again.

Another good one I have learned recently involves walking along a country path to a lake......I'll run through it here.

Imagine yourself walking along a stone/gravel path with a neatly trimmed lawn either side, the sun is shining, and it's a lovely sunny day.

At the end of the path you come to a locked gate. Take a golden key out of your pocket, open the gate and walk through it, closing it behind you.

Lock the gate with your key, and put it in your pocket. You have now entered your own private place.

The path widens, and is lined with mature trees, the leaves are gently rustling in a gentle breeze. Imagine also that there are beautiful coloured flowers either side of the path. You may wish to stop and inspect them more closely, and smell their perfume.

You continue down the path, and notice a shimmering lake in the distance - this is your goal. First, you may see people coming towards you on the path. They may be friends or loved ones from the spirit world, or even beloved pets.

Stop and greet them, and see if they say anything to you in return.

When you are ready, carry on down the path towards the lake. As you get closer, you notice a wooden bench at the side of the lake. Make your way towards it.

There may be someone sitting waiting for you on the bench, a spirit guide may be. Go and sit down on the bench, looking at the lake and enjoying the beautiful sunshine.

Stay here for however long feels comfortable, and see if anything else happens.....

At the end of your meditation, go back through the gate, and lock it behind you.

Hope this helps in some way.