View Single Post
Old 19-08-2013, 09:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf
Of course it is, that's what Western religions express, that the Divine or Source or God is above words and ideas, and our meager attempt to describe it is done in vain, but words are all we have, hence your use of the word 'IS. You've just basically described the sentiment of many Western religious people. In the bible it's said:

9 “As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.

It's as you said, IS is above our mere thoughts and words. The idea is very much ingrained in our part of the world. By having the idea though, words and actions result as an expression of that. The way you respond to people, the answers you give to questions, etc. are all based on how you see the spiritual. It's your 'religion'. That doesn't mean it's a bad thing, it means how you react in this world to your spiritual ideas and experiences just like everyone else does.

Religion is not something inferior, seeing it that way is actually putting yourself down because it's all religion. And when there are many people who see the same way, there are problems such as corruption and hypocrisy just the same as problems arise from any large body of people. The idea of the IS above words is still a part of the individuals though regardless.
I like what you said, "its your religion", that is so true, true religion is your own inner experience, not someone else's, that would be second hand. When we all follow the same religion and believe in the same stories we can never grow, we stay stagnat and quite frankly stink lol.