View Single Post
Old 19-08-2013, 01:03 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf
To you it is, it may serve a different purpose to others. Regardless, whatever you see as spiritual truth is what you believe. Others may believe and experience something completely unrelated. That's because spiritual beliefs as well as experience is subjective. Wanting my beliefs to apply to everyone is fine, but really it's just a way for me to box the world into my own understanding. It's a comfortable, settled way of seeing things that allows a sense of security or control.

Interfaith is about interaction with different belief traditions in order to encourage understanding, not to combine beliefs.

The purpose of incarnation is to learn and to advance the soul. And the soul advances through the spheres of Light through Love (expressed as compassion and Service).
Religion is a means to an end. Following a particular faith, of itself, won't advance the soul one iota. One has to see the bigger picture.

All the great teachers and Masters have basically given the same message but in their own individualised version.
The same strands of truth and love run through all religions of the light. All the great teachers and Masters have been inspired by Love.

Interfaith should encourage understanding, true, the understanding of unity and brotherhood.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com