Thread: Kabbalah
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2013, 01:02 PM
Yamah

I also made that decision. I came from a very new age perspective back to Judaism.

The book that started my journey back is called 'God is a Verb' by David A. Cooper. I basically found it to be a bridge between New Age and Judaism, helping me to understand that everything I connected to out in the world was also found within our tradition.

If you REALLY want to live an authentic life I highly recommend Mesilat Yesharim 'The Path of the Just' by Rabbi Moshe Chaim Luzzatto. It's basically a book on how to become a good person, written by probably the most renowned Kabbalist of the last thousand years. Even though no Kabalah is directly taught in that book it is known to be the Ramchal's deepest work.

Another great one is 'Letters from a Buddhist Jew' or something like that, by Rabbi Akiva Tatz and David Gottlieb. It's a collection of the correspondences between Rabbi Tatz, who is an orthodox Jew, and David Gottlieb, who is a BuJew. Very interesting conversations.

May you find success on your path and feel free to hit me up with any more questions.