View Single Post
Old 26-04-2013, 08:26 PM
Lanzalady

That must have taken you ages...!

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
Hi LanzaLady - dont worry about questions. Anything I can answer, then I am happy too.
What do I put on my altar ? - things like pine cones, pebbles that attract my attention, wild flowers, feathers.
CunningFolk - ready for a long read ?
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=4753

The Cunning Folk were first named by the Saxons as "Cunning" but they were here much earlier - tribal Wise Men/Women. [Saxon "cunnan" = "knowing"]
In medieval times, "civilians" did use the description White Witch but they tried to distinguish between the Cunning and the Witches, white -v- black.Truth is that the Cunning Path is a Crooked Path.
Do I regard myself as pagan ? Certainly. I am a dedicated Servant of Gaia. We do have another name recently - Hedge Witch - and more and more Wiccans are turning to the Cunning Path because of it's simplicity and individuality.

This is Thornborough Henge from the air
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/k...o/df706cf9.png
Three Earth-bank rings, about 5000 years old.
Have fun !

Hi Norseman,

Wow. That was really interesting. I found another link (within the posts of the link above) where you'd gone into much more detail and have only just finished reading that. I think I need to read it a few times to absorb it all but it was very enjoyable.

I also had a quick look at Gaia on the web. I looked on Wikipedia. And here was me thinking spanish was difficult to learn... ;-) The article is full of names I can't pronounce haha. I'll need to go through that a few times too. ;-)

There is so much for me to learn but apart from that, there's so much for me to decide upon as well, ie what path to go down as there's so much available under the band of Paganish/Wicca/Polytheism etc.

I don't exactly know what I believe but I know I believe in something.

Thank you so much for your help and the links and the pics too.

I am starting to realise there are literally hundreds of paths available to me. It's quite awe inspiring and frightening (in a good way) at the same time.

Thanks again and I hope we can talk again.

Blessings!
LL