View Single Post
Old 25-04-2013, 06:37 PM
Lanzalady

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldentimes
yes, you do not have to use tools, but I feel that tools can give you little spiritual feelings and helps me feel energy more. I use wands at times, but you can use your finger and I do not use a robes always, but you can just have something to wear for your craft work. You also do not need a big alter, a small table will do or any shelf will do. I have shelf above my fire place and I use as well a small table.

If you are like me and you would like to use some tools, then yes a BBQ would make a Beltane fire. A athame I use a black handle letter opener or you can use a black handle kitchen knife that you do not use in the kitchen or a black handle penknife-anything like that that can be used, as long it has a black handle and pointed to being semi-sharp. If you do not have coloured candles, then use clear white and you can then use your athame to write on each one earth, fire, water, air and have them set at the 4 points on your alter. For the god(s) and goddess(es) you can find a white or gray stone-for the female and a dark brown or black- for male, or what you can do is find 2 good size pebbles and some paint, simply paint a god or the sun and goddess or the 4 moons-(the 4th sits on top of the full moon). If you can get to the flower shop, then I would go and get some flowers to put on your alter- 1) it can be an offering, 2) it's makes your alter lovely and 3) you could buy the right colour for each Festival (it doesn't matter what the flowers are, but the coloures "I think" does).

If your not happy working with your gods at any time, then you can just work with the spirits of earth, fire, water, air as long as you thank them and it's good if you leave an offering, but you could say to them that you are leaving the flowers for them. I would say to you to follow norseman's openings and closings (Calling the Quarters for Grounding and Protection. After your ritual is over, never ever forget to dismiss the quarter entities.)

And do remember "Do Not Harm Non" or what will be sent out, will come back!

Good luck and I hope this helps? any other questions, then please put them down and we'll try and answer them.
Best Regards & blessings!

Thank you Goldentimes. I really like the idea of using stones to represent the God/Goddess. Can I ask, and i hope I'm not being nosey or rude, as a White Witch do you worship the God or Goddess? (And i just went back into your profile and saw that you do so please ignore that question - I'd already posted it. Sorry).

This is all so new and there are so many different paths I'm just trying to work out what goes with what - if you know what I mean? Do all White Witches believe in the God and Goddess?

Blessings!
LL