View Single Post
Old 26-10-2016, 11:23 AM
Ascender
Sounds like your putting a lot of pressure on yourself!! And I'm wondering if how your feeling isn't just related to not meditating properly... advice is hard to give without a question but..
I think what would be good for you is some me time... and not when your just about to go to bed, take an hour out in the day for a break, go have lunch in the park or try meditating then instead of when your too tired.
Don't stress about Buddhism.. maybe deep down it's not right for you but taught you lessons you needed... there is no set spiritual path, it's what's right for us, so feeling bad for not sticking with rules placed by someone else will only add to the stress and take you further from YOUR path. (I am not meaning this in a bad way against Buddhism.. it's just you said you lost interest in it).
Maybe set up a little space in your workshop for a time out- it sounds like things are pretty manic right now and I think if you slow things down it will actually become easier to achieve the things you need to achieve.
Before you say you can't slow down or take time out trust me you can :) the time you have will be more productive the less stressed you are.
And the more pressure you put on yourself to do things like meditation the less enjoyable and effective they will be. In my opinion :)