View Single Post
Old 21-05-2013, 04:12 PM
Master
When I was first diagnosed with it several years ago and first started to take the bull by the horns, I watched my blood sugar like a hawk testing several times a day and making mental, if not written notes about what things were spiking it, etc. It was the fruits - pretty much any fruits at that stage of the game - not to mention the starches - pretty much any starches, too, at that time.

I was so sad thinking I'd never be able to eat those things again, but that's not true. It's once you've spent a long time and been reasonably consistent that things started turning around for me. And the knowledge that mega-doses of vitamin C and normal doses of aspirin AND drinking plenty of water would make a remarkable difference. Over time, I've gotten my blood sugar readings to be very good. I got to the point where I didn't even have to take hardly any vitamin C, just be reasonable (small amounts of starches and now am able to eat plenty of fruit - for a non-fruit fan).

Things are far more normal than I ever dreamed would be possible, with the 'old knowledge' about diabetes put behind me, I'm now having to work on the weight loss part. I know that nobody believed me when I said that mega-doses of vitamin C, aspirin and water was largely responsible for my going from a 460 blood sugar upon first being diagnosed to completely normal ranges. People resign themselves and are way too trusting on others and their doctors for 'expert' knowledge and guidance on diabetes care and management.