View Single Post
Old 21-05-2013, 01:44 PM
StephenK

If I remember correctly you're doing the macrobiotic diet... If you're eating a lot of grains then "that's" what's giving you the glucose spikes. My wife has been watching her glucose levels over the years and was concerned when her A1C's climbed as high as 5.9 (that's an average blood sugar at around 120mg/dL). Once she cutout grains her A1C's dropped fairly rapidly to a 5.1... we then added starches (potatoes and rice) making her more recent A1C at 5.3. We've now eliminated the starches and we suspect her next reading will be back around 5.

This stuff with diabetes is pretty easy to follow and address. If you're having continuous glucose spikes, which then require insulin to knock-down, then 'that' would be the source of many of your symptoms. Eliminate the spikes, by eliminating the food exposures that creates them, and many of your symptoms will abate.

Since eliminating starches my own fasting glucose readings have gone from 95mg/dL down to a comfortable 80mg/dL in the morning.... this approach is transparent and readily observable and works in a most natural way!