View Single Post
Old 07-05-2017, 03:41 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by mogenblue
I think I would try to counter it by pointing them on their own responsibility. They are responsible for their own health and well being. By continuing on an unhealthy diet they avoid that.

I think it's a matter of unawareness of the consequences of their unhealthy lifestyle. And it can be pretty hard to break through that.
But it's important not to loose your temper. You have to use good arguments. I use scientific reports and my own experiences for that.
But it won't always help. I suppose a lot of people are just not ready to wake up.

If someone would call me an SJW I could also tell them that Jesus Christ ended up on the cross back in His days. Let them chew on that one.

I agree that it doesn't always help. I certainly believe that my vegan diet has kept me very healthy, but I was also very healthy before I became vegan. I do see how many vegans become insensitive towards other people who are not healthy, and blame it on their non-vegnan diet when they suffer.m That kind of attitude turns me off . I think anyone willing to invest time and effort in changing their diet and lifestyle are always going to get some good benefit regardless of if they are vegan or not.

Haha Good analogy about JC! However if I am going to compare myself with Jesus, I am not so sure I would enjoy the ending.