View Single Post
Old 06-03-2018, 05:55 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Maybe this is the problem. You don't have any alternatives lined up. So what do you really want to do in life, assuming that you need to somehow support yourself?

When I lived in the UK I worked for 15 years in IT for various banks. I was good at my work, but eventually it all became repetitive. So 18 years ago I left and moved to rural New Zealand where many people live alternative lifestyles. There was a process of adjusting, particularly financially because I no longer had a large income, but my quality of life improved enormously.

So maybe you need to really decide what you would rather be doing. Until then, if you need the regular income and you don't hate your job, just keep doing it with detachment - perhaps you still have things to learn where you are.

Peace.

Oh, I have asked myself that question for many years. Same answer: Nothing.

I am not sure if this is a temporary break that I need, or whether it is a permanent departure from the corporate world. I think the ego rational mind would say, better to keep my options open.

I am most curious about your improved quality of life, especially after a reduction in income. I know that money and quality of life do not have a strong correlation, but am still curious as to where you find the sense of fulfillment and bliss.

You are right about me having things to learn from my job. In a way, I do appreciate having it, because I would prefer to be around people (with a bit of distance in between) than to be a caveman. And I appreciate that the dynamic of the corporate world lets me so much of myself in such a short span of time; it's like standing in front of 100 different mirrors at the same time, so in that sense, it helps me to see more nuanced and subtle aspects of myself and therefore help me with my personal growth.

If there is no pushing and shoving in the corporate world, I don't mind it. It is when the torsion field charge is too strong, and I am in it, then I begin to question, how to survive?