View Single Post
Old 23-04-2017, 01:03 AM
Newbie ;)

Odd encounter after my Dad's death

Hi Everyone - I'm pretty new here - I've had an interest in the spiritual world for as long as I remember but never really delved any deeper than experiencing strange things and then moving on.

My dad passed away on July 31st after a 4 year battle with cancer. We were very close and I always felt that our connection existed on a spiritual level and we both experienced eerie "coincidences" both with things that happened between the two of us as well as in our individual lives.

Sometimes I feel so very close to him and other times, I feel quite the opposite. I have had many signs from him and visitation dreams that I know were real. They were lucid dreams (which I've had in the past) and I could feel his hug and I knew as I was thinking, what I wanted to say - even the realization that we were having this conversation because he's dead and we needed to connect.

Anyway, lately, I have been feeling very disconnected from him and even the world around me a bit. I ask him for signs but I have not felt like I've been in tune. But today, I was on the bus playing on my phone and a very unkempt older man sat next to me. He asked me if I could tell him the time. I told him and he went on to say he left his phone at home and how his wife has a smartphone but he prefers old flip phones. I laughed to myself because that was my dad! We used to tease him because he downgraded from a brand new smartphone to an old flip phone and couldn't be happier about it! I almost told the man but he just kept on talking about other things. He had a very calm and pleasant demeanor. I looked at him and I swear to god, I saw my dad's eyes. He bore no resemblance if we were talking head on, but by his profile, I saw my dad's eyes and nose. Suddenly I became entranced with him. This man seemed very intelligent and was telling me all about places he had worked, his wife (who I found out had passed away) and somehow he ended up telling me about an old friend he had lost contact with. He said "I'm not sure where he is now. He's either still living in ...(I forgot where he said) or he moved on to a better place where everyone goes". He said it very emphatically but also in a matter of fact way. And he said it again emphasizing "everyone" and "I know this". He then went on to say that not "I believe.." or "I think..." but "I KNOW life exists after a person dies." and continued to say it's not a belief in God he has but has seen, heard, and read scientific evidence to back this up." I don't know whether this is true or not...but this encounter gave me the chills. He thanked me for my conversation and I thanked him for sharing but didn't really know what else to say when we got off the bus. I was wrapped up in what just happened and whether or not it was a sign of some kind. It was so random and held so much information, but it didn't feel odd or as if he was an over-sharer.

I want to believe that I was meant to meet this man to hear those words - my dad wanted me to know he is happy and where "everyone" goes after they die. I have thought about the afterlife quite a bit after my dad passed. To me, this seems more than a coincidence but I don't know if this is a manner spirits would use to communicate. Part of me is just looking to share my story, but I'm also interested to hear what others might think about this or if anyone has experienced anything similar.