View Single Post
Old 09-04-2017, 08:39 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melahin
@ocean feeling is your guidance system. It is what tells you whether or not you are in alignment with yourself, your source, your higher self, your inner being, or whatever you prefer to call it. Some even call it god, and if it works, if it make them blissful, then who cares. Whatever works for you. I would adjust one thing 2) feel blissful. When you are happy, you know truly happy and absorbed in what you are doing you are not thinking, you are letting the consciousness of your source flow to you, and simply respond to what greater perspective that leaves you with. Anyone who have tried this understand that simplicity; yet because many of us have practiced other ways of beingness than what came natural to us as kids, we now struggle with something that once were far easier. but we can practice being happy, we can practice leaning towards a better feeling thought, we can practice all sorts of things, and our life will shape itself according to what we practice. Minding how you feel is a good recipe for a good life in my opinion

Hi Melahin,

This comment really got me thinking... And something clicked with me. You know the way it's said that there are many roads to enlightenment? I think we're approaching it in different ways!

I disagree with enlightenment as "a state of mind" because I am taking the Tantric / Toaist appraoch, where you get down with life; you roll around in the grass, you experience everything. From this perspective, feelings are not just guidance cues (though they serve as that too) - they are the blood of enlightenment. In this approach, you can't have enlightenment without pure feeling. In this approach, enlighenment is a state of being, not a state of mind, because you are living from a non-mind state. It's also a permanent state, once you reach it, because you are completely rooted in this world, so the enlightenment is rooted in you.

What you're talking about sounds more like the path of renunciation / devotion / purity / asceticism, where the body and mind are transcended. I know almost nothing about this approach to enlightment expect that it didnt work for me