View Single Post
Old 11-10-2017, 06:07 PM
Guide

OK update: two nights ago I had a car problem. It was enough to make me go to the dealership and drop it off. I would not have had to go if this small but annoying car problem didn't persist. Well I get there and wait for the guy to do his thing typing up my stuff and a lady walks in and stares at me. I ignored her because I didn't know who she was but she stared more then said my name. I said hi, do u know you? And she said yes, she was my best friend from kindergarten to 3rd grade. I didn't recognize her at all eve though I've seen her since 3rd grade. I felt bad for not recognizing her but she did not look like how I remembered. Or maybe I am becoming more and more skilled at moving past my past and the people and faces that kept me there.

She has a history that mirrors my own but different. Contentious parent relationship, sibling issues, but she has always lived at home and never finished college or had a career. I am fighting to finish college, I am transitioning careers, and am saving to move out again. I've lived on my own for a long time before. I couldn't help but think that I didn't want to end up like her...stuck at my parents house with no money and wanting to leave but can't because of manipulative behaviors (on both ends for her) and also lack of drive.

It was weird because just a few days prior I had been thinking who else is going to pop up? Well there you go. It's like life in review.