View Single Post
Old 25-02-2011, 06:21 PM
Master
Absolutely, Vitamin C (as mentioned, in the proper ph environment with a nutritious diet) is a powerful cancer-fighter. And so are bioflavenoids.

Citrus has vitamin C and bioflavenoids...

Vitamin C is needed daily by the body since we don't make it..and it is the all-purpose repair & immune system and circulation booster. It's needed for the ongoing maintenance of the system at every level, and it's very odd we (& beavers?) are the only mammals who don't make their own Vitamin C interally. We typically need much higher doses of vitamin C for optimum health than the minimum recommended levels to ward off scurvy (LOL)...

The bioflavenoids help treat inflammation and reduce the "static" in the body from damage, internal reactions to injury, stress, and allergens, etc. In particular they are good for the circulatory system blood vessel walls and nerve casings.

I just checked Wiki to confirm my "info", LOL...citings vary...
but it seems while vitamin C is used directly to heal and repair, flavenoids also stimulate the body to "dump" cancer cells :)

Nice article...

Kelp is a valuable source of minerals and iodine, which is particularly important for inland populations...and very tasty. Toss your seaweed with a little oil for maximum absorption of minerals :).

I like to sprinkle some on rice with a little olive oil :) as a side...though sesame oil is the "classic".