View Single Post
Old 03-10-2017, 03:35 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnicGeek
Hello,

I noticed that when I was in a great mood (high vibrational state) and doing what I love, felt the purpose, I was not dependent on anything outside. I didn't need approval from others and didn't need significant other (I don't have one)

However things changed, I can no longer sustain doing what I love, I feel like I lost the purpose. Interestingly I started feeling the need of outside things that I mentioned above and need for significant other. Things that I could do well without. I think that being in a highly vibrational state and in a state of creation eliminates the need for those outside things.
Agreed.

Quote:
Am I right? Maybe this is not same for everyone but I am sure some great poets, musicians, scientists etc. we so consumed by their work that they did not need anything else.
Also agreed. Well, they may not have wanted anyone else but needed the devotees to look after, sometimes finance, them - and it's always nice to have someone around to make the coffee. Not all of course but some had strange relationships e.g. Dali with Gala. Richard and Cosima Wagner.

Quote:
Also, there's a guy named Kyle Cease (you can find him on YouTube) who combined humour with self-improvement. He says that by feeling the need for significant other, we feel complete as a whole but we actually are already complete without significant other and once we do what we are supposed to here we will attract that significant other in our life.
Absolutely. That's how we arrived and we had to grow. I suspect he's falling back on the idea of family unit. Surely a family gives decent parents a deep sense of sharing, a responsibility and a (natural) purpose. There's a lot of stuff on youtube. People have the choice of believing it or not.
As I see it.

Quote:
What do you think? Does that make sense regarding my point about great artists, scientists etc. above?

Thanks.
Yes. Significant in a soul sense probably no in most cases, in a domestic sense, maybe. The category you mention are notoriously single-minded and obsessive about their work to the exclusion of significant others because they aren't able to share much, their emotions, visions, creative struggles - they can pretend but most goes into their work. I mean, for Pete's sake some can't even look after themselves re food and domestic basics! Most it has to be said are men! A list would be very long.