View Single Post
Old 08-02-2020, 07:52 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by WHOAMI0123
No one really knows what happens when the body expires. Nobody has returned from the other side to report except in stories. Humans being the arrogant creatures that they are cannot accept this so they made up stories (i.e. Bible) to explain the great mystery. Nothing can be known. Maybe there is an afterlife maybe not. What is consciousness? Just another concept. Searching for the truth can be scary. Much easier to believe in stories and myths about our great reward in the great beyond. Be in the now. Be present . That is all you can do. The answers will be revealed eventually. Hopefully.

You say no one really knows, but then started speculating that people are just making it up. How do you know for sure if it isn't known yet what happens when we die?

The truth isn't scary. I except that the truth because it will always force me to reexamine my beliefs and I really like that. Nothing scary at all. ;)