View Single Post
Old 27-01-2020, 05:32 PM
Administrator
Originally Posted by MikeS80
Heart, I have been thinking about the post you made a while ago about believing is a lie. That post made me ask myself if believing something through the conditioned ego-mind is the same thing as knowing something through the ego-mind that is balanced with intuition while using logic, reason and common sense. I got the answer that they are not the same, which makes sense.

Contradictions of logic....
While we are subjected to science which would have us box in our beliefs, religion would have us blindly believe while in that box!!

You are not wrong in seeing that there is a difference, a Plato once said 'We would not come into the form of Man, if we were never shown the truth'

I will continue with my response to your interesting quest... time is saying sleep for now

regards

Heart

Continued....

If we are trying to understand ourselves on a deeper more meaningful way then a belief may narrow our spiritual horizon,

the lie I refer too is, being restricted, limiting ourself, missed opportunity to grow and or evolve spiritually

if we are to believe in something should it not be that we are a lot more than the sum total of our beliefs?

I personally would not want to be restricted in any endeavor to 'know thyself'

I see and/or feel any limitations its because I am lying to myself and some underlying belief is its cause