View Single Post
Old 05-01-2018, 02:51 AM
Guide

Thanks both of you! Interestingly, I do occasionally press the tongue on the roof of my mouth for no obvious reason, and I'm noticing now that it does provide a small degree of relief. In general, away from meditation, I'm still practising compassion as best as I can and already seeing some improvement. I sense this is the real lesson, and that I most likely picked up the OCD due to frustration and fear of not doing the "right" thing adequately enough. As has been suggested, I'll just have to truck on.

When I began making some improvements with my breathing, it was when I comforted myself, and told myself that it's ok to make mistakes or not meet a certain standard, but that I can also trust my body to breathe for me. Repeating this in mind with a compassionate tone certainly made noticeable difference. I suspect this other problem I face will be no different, and I feel I should probably start by trying not to see it as a 'problem' that needs to be tackled and judged every second, that brings my awareness back to it each and every time.